Dimensions and Metrics in Reports
The described functionality will be available soon.
Report contains two types of data: dimensions and metrics.
- Metrics are measures of quantitative assessment of your sales: revenue amounts, order quantities, etc.
- Dimensions contain qualitative values of sales, such as payment dates, order types, product properties in orders. Use them to increase the level of detail in your report on metrics by any of the dimensions. E.g., you can view your revenues based on the date dimension.
You can select one of the metrics or more to be calculated in your report:
- Gross Revenue – the total cost of all paid orders. This is the total amount of all the payments made for the orders sold.
- Fees – the amount of fees in your revenue. This amount includes the fees Noventiq obtaines providing the Checkout service. Your agreement determines the percentage of the fee.
- Taxes – the amount of taxes in your gross revenue. The sales tax rate is based on the country of the customer.
- Refunds – the amount of refunds in your gross revenue.
- Net Revenue – the gross revenue minus fees, taxes, refunds.
- Orders – the quantity of orders
- Average Order Value - the metric to show the effectiveness of your sales. It is calculated as the Gross revenue divided by the quantity of orders. More details on the sales tools for boosting your average order value.
You can have a detailed report built based on the following sales dimensions:
- Date – groups the report data by date. This dimension implies the order payment dates that fall within the period you select. You are provided with the breakdown of the data into days. The report shows all the dates of the reporting period, including the dates when no sales are made.
- Order type - groups the report data by attribute: the existence/nonexistence of a subscription (AR, PMR) for an order item in the reporting period. The current subscription status does not affect the order type. E.g., if the customer deactivates their subscription or does not pay for the renewal, the statistics ignores these actions. The system still registers the order as the one with a subscription.
The report shows only the order types sold within the reporting period.
- Title - groups the report data by product title. The report shows the titles of the products sold within the reporting period.
- Title + Subtitle - groups the report data by product title and subtitle. The report shows the titles and subtitles of the products sold within the reporting period.
- SKU - groups the report data by product SKU. The report shows the SKUs of the products sold within the reporting period.