To test how a webhook works, execute the action for which you set up the webhook.
E.g., You have created an Endpoint for the event: Order created Next, you have to add a product to the shopping cart on the checkout page and place an order for this product. After your order is created, you will receive a webhook on this event to the URL you provided in the Endpoint for the Order created event.
You can also view thе statistics of webhook receipt per event.
Test using a mock web service
You can use special web tools that allow you to simulate a web service for receiving webhooks.
You have to:
- Create a Mock Server for testing, e.g. using Postman (read the setup instructions on the Postman website).
- An Endpoint URL is provided for this web service.
- Create an Endpoint via Merchant Portal. Webhooks are going to be sent to this URL.
- Execute the order action that results in a webhook being sent on the event you require.
- Check on your web service for testing (on the website where you have created it). You must be able to see the data of the webhook received.