Portal Modes: Test and Sales
There are two modes to work with the portal:
- Test mode enabled – when using this mode, you work in a test environment. The test environment is designed to acquaint you with Noventiq Checkout. You have access to all the features of the service. However, it lacks several capabilities. You cannot process true payments or receive payouts.
- Test mode disabled (Sales Mode ON) – when using this mode, you work in a production environment. This environment allows you to process only true payments for orders. You also can receive margin payouts.
The test and production environments work independently of one another. You cannot migrate product data, order data or any other settings between the environments.
Once you have registered, you start working in Test Mode. The system deploys a checkout page having default settings automatically for you in the test environment. You can create products, connect webhooks, test the API and use all the features of the portal to get acquainted with Noventiq Checkout.
To use the test checkout page:
- Create at least one product object. After that, you can see a checkout link on the product page.
- Click on the link and the product is added to the test checkout page.
You can make a purchase in the test environment. Use the test payment means.
More details on how to work with the test environment.
Activate Your Account
Account activation is required to access Sales Mode and start accepting true payments.
To switch to Sales Mode:
- Click the Activate account button on the menu bar of the portal at the top.
- Enter the data required.
- Confirm your acceptance of the offer.
- Send a request to activate your account and switch to the mode.
Once our manager has verified your account, it becomes set up and activated. In addition, the system deploys a checkout page automatically for you in the production environment.
You receive an email. It notifies you of your account activation is complete.
Note. You cannot migrate data between the test and sales modes. Once your account has been activated, you have to make the settings required to launch sales. More details on the steps you have to make.
Switch Portal Modes
Once your account has been activated, you can switch between the modes when working with the portal.
Use the Test Mode switch on the menu bar of the portal at the top to switch between the modes. Use the switch to enable or disable Test Mode. When you disable Test Mode, you start working in Sales Mode.
Note. The switching between the modes of the portal only affects the data you manage (for the test environment or for the production environment). It does not affect the availability or the functionality of your checkout page.