Connect Webhooks (Create Endpoints)
To start receiving webhooks:
- Go through the integration guide.
- Develop a web service to receive webhooks on your end.
- You can use an individual URL to receive a webhook per event.
- Each webhook has a signature. Verifying the signature before processing webhooks helps you rest assured that they are from Noventiq. Use signature verification on your end to improve your communications security.
- Your web service must respond to webhooks in a particular way.
- Enable webhooks through the Merchant Portal.
You have to create an Endpoint for each event of which you want to be notified.
Creating an Endoint
To enable a webhook connection, add a new URL for receiving data (Endpoint).
- You must create an individual Endpoint for each event on which you want to receive a webhook.
- You can create one and only one Endpoint per event.
Thus, you need to:
- Log in to Merchant Portal.
- Go to Webhooks.
- Click on Create endpoint at the top of the page.
- Enter an Endpoint URL – the address of your web service that you want to receive a webhook on a specific event. The URL must be accessible via HTTPS. The URL may not be unique, i.e. you can provide different URLs for receiving webhooks on different events, or you can provide a single URL.
- Select an Event – the event on which you are going to be sent a webhook to your Endpoint URL. You can create only one webhook per event.
- Enter a Secret key value – this value is going to be used when generating a webhook signature.
New Endpoints are created having the following status: Active. When an Endpoint URL has this status, a webhook on an event is sent to the Endpoint URL after the event occurs. If you want to stop webhooks, you have to deactivate the Endpoint.