Metric Comparison per Period in one Report
The described functionality will be available soon.
Use this mode to view the metrics for the two periods you want to compare in one report.
Use the Dates filter to:
- Select the interval you want to analyze in the first drop-down list.
- Select the interval to which you want to compare the metrics in the second drop-down list. These periods may overlap and have different lengths. The select box is available if the Product type: Separate option is disabled.
After applying the filter, you can see the dynamics of the metrics on the graph:
- The bar graph displays all the metrics. You can see two bars per metric: one of the bars represents the period analyzed and the other one represents the period compared.
- The line graph displays only one of the metrics. You can see two lines presenting the dynamics of the metric selected: one of the lines represents the period analyzed and the other one represents the period compared.
The breakdown table shows three metric lines per dimension:
- First line – metric values within the period analyzed.
- Second line – metric values within the period compared.
- Third line - percentage change.
The percentage change shows how the metric value has changed within the period analyzed with regard to the period compared.
Calculated as: [metric value within analyzed interval] / [metric value within compared interval] * 100 - 100.
Additionally, the second line and the third lines contain the following data for each value of the metric: the share (percentage) calculated from the total value of the metric. E.g., if you are building a report by gross revenue and by order type, then you can see two separate lines: one line showing gross revenue received from selling product items with subscriptions and the other line showing gross revenue received from selling product items with no subscription. Next to the value of the gross revenue received from selling the items with subscriptions, you can see how much of this gross revenue comes from your total gross revenue ([gross revenue metric for items with subscriptions] / [total gross revenue metric] * 100%)
Report peculiarities when using metric comparison per period:
- Order type, Title, Title + Subtitle, SKU - you can view only the values that include sales made within at least one of the periods.
No sorting by Order type is available for the report.