Connect Tags Using GTM
Using GTM, you can connect tags such as Google Analytics and others to a checkout page. See the list of supported tags on GTM website.
Before setting the tags, you must connect your GTM container to the checkout page.
Follow the instructions.
To have a basic connection of a Google Analytics tag, follow the standard Google instructions:
- In Google Analytics (https://accounts.google.com/):
- Create a Google Analytics account (https://accounts.google.com/signup), add a property and a data stream. See the instructions for more details: How to get started with Google Analytics
- If you already have some tag collecting statistics in your catalog, you can continue using it. In this case, instead of creating a new tag, set up cross-domain measurement in the existing one. See the instructions for more details: How to set up cross-domain measurement for Google Analytics
- In Google Tag Manager (GTM) (https://tagmanager.google.com/):
- Add your tag to GTM. See the instructions for more details: How to create a Google Analytics tag
- Check if your tag is working: How to confirm that Google Analytics is collecting data
In addition, you can set up tracking of transactions based on the detailed information we provide through GTM when an order is created. See the additional instructions to set up.
Upgrade from Universal Analytics to GA4
On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will stop processing data. Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the next-generation measurement solution replacing Universal Analytics. You can read more about this change in Google documentation.
If you previously connected a Universal Analytics tag to your checkout page, you must:
- Create a new GA4 tag on Google Analytics website and add it to the GTM container, see the instructions above
- No need to create a new GTM container
- Contact our technical support team to upgrade your checkout page to the new GA4 tag
- (Optional) Set up tracking of transactions in GTM to get extended information on orders, see the instructions